Thursday, January 17, 2008

When the Wind Blows...

"The Santa Anas (winds) aren't gone yet" A news reporter said yesterday afternoon. Hmm. I thought.

By last evening the windows were all shaking with the force of the wind and Abby's new soccer goal was about to have the adventure of it's lifetime.

Julie and I were heading off to dinner when I noted the goal standing by the garage door and thought of moving it into shelter, but really our driveway area is pretty well pinned in... surely it couldn't be in too much danger.

Well, when we got back from dinner it was gone.

Just vanished.

Like from a Law&Order episode.

I thought maybe I needed to look outside the box so I made sure to look up, to the side, under... out the drive, into the neighbor's yards, into our back yard... nothing.

I jokingly told Julie to call if she saw it on the road on the way home.

Well she called... She saw it all right... at the very end of this street:




And it looked like this...I'm not exactly a plant person but I counted at least five different types of plant life the goal had come into contact with during it's journey.


3 comments:

Juliana Shain said...

I'm sure that goal has quite a memoir of all the things it saw on its journey.

Creative Mama said...

that's crazy...

Dave said...

A similar thing happened with my Aunt Sheila. We left her on the porch one afternoon, and a few hours later we found her sitting on the curb with a bottle of whiskey, a bag of Doritos and a pack of smokes. I'm pretty sure it was the wind.