Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My Daughter, the Pirate

So, here I was, minding my own business upstairs while I listened to Abby happily singing along with Little Einsteins downstairs. She comes upstairs, very excited and says I have to come downstairs. I do.

She is brimming with pride as she shows me what she's done: create pirate lions (lines) for a map to a treasure!

D'oh, one problem. She did it on the rug... in permanent marker. Yeah!




I have now medicated myself with half a pouch of Grape flavored Big League Chew I found abandoned in the cupboard and made myself muffins.

Steve will be proud to see that she actually tagged the map. There is a nice "A" and "B" and a "Y" not pictured here. She did the whole 8'x10' rug. It was quite a map. Some days I just wish I liked alcohol.






9 comments:

James Lamb / tvjames said...

ouch. condolences.

Take a photo, put it in an envelope and drop in a U.O.ME note, seal it and write "Do not open until 16th. birthday."

diane said...

You have made my day..I know I
will laugh all night. What a totally ambitious project! Just think! Her first map..I am sure she is a prodigy of the highest order. And it is not a NEW rug after all....

Lori said...

Um....at least it was an area rug?

I just wonder how long until Rachel does something extremely destructive. So far it's been limited to crayons on the wall and such. Well, marker pens on the coffee table, but they were washable markers, at least.

Lori said...

Aha! I just remembered - when Rachel was a baby (probably 7 or 8 months old), James was holding her on his lap while he typed on his laptop from work. All of a sudden, she spit up...all over the keyboard, thereby killing the laptop.

But at least it wasn't our laptop :)

Ada said...

LOL, the funny thing is, this is really a first... and to be fair, she was shocked and appalled that it wouldn't come out. And quite penitent once she realized.

Albert said...

I DONT believe it!
I'm still laughing!!
It's beyond amazing.

Juliana Shain said...

That is just so wonderfully fantastic. The ambition, the creativity....it's just sheer greatness. I say you submit the photo to Mensa.

I just wish I could be there to see Steve's face.

Dave said...

Looks like a crime scene photo.

Ada said...

In what way is it NOT a crime scene photo?