Sunday, June 10, 2007

If Men Only Knew



As many of you know, Steve is not exactly ... hmm... known for his soft side. Not that he doesn't have one! But, it comes out pretty rarely.

Anyway he filmed a wedding a couple weekends ago and we were talking about it and he mentioned something like, "I can't do weddings anymore." I expected him to continue with how fake they can be or how mundane or how repetitive. But instead, "I can't see the father daughter dance without thinking of Abby and how that would be. And I'm not ready to share her yet."

He may know that that turns me to sentimental goo, but he sure doesn't use it to his advantage much!

3 Under-Used Romantic Gestures:

1. cleaning the kitchen with a good attitude
2. loving the kids/giggling with kids/taking kids on adventure so mom can veg
3. discussing a completely girly topic

Steve actually does do all three in spades, but he doesn't yet recognize their power.



.....................................................................................................................(Abby trying to climb up and over Daddy as he threatens to dunk her)................................................................................................

2 comments:

James Lamb / tvjames said...

I think it was someone in your family that I learned this from, but the idea of praying for someone you don't even know.. in this case, Rachel's future boyfriends and eventual husband. So while it's weird considering she's only three, I'm praying for these guys, because the day will eventually come and I'd like to think I've been reminding God to keep His eyes on them all this time.

Ada said...

Oh absolutely. You never know if they'll come from a family where anyone really is praying for them. It certainly can't hurt to send a little love and support that way.