Saturday, September 30, 2006

Foiled Again by Jenny Crusie

Jenny Crusie is a Romance/Fiction author I like quite a bit. She has a blog on her main site and she has the whole dueling he wrote/she wrote blog with a co-writer that I was addicted to for a while.

Point being she often blogs about writing, mistakes/challenges/ etc.

So I finally feel like I have a handle on my first chapter and she does a blog about how she puts a book down immediately if it starts with a whole lot of infodump. It has to start in the now, blah blah.

Which I totaly agree with - but I immediately thought of my chapter and went 'WHOOPS' thats all info dump.

Sigh.

So, it challenged me to SHOW not TELL (we all remember that lesson from 3rd grade English, right?).

And so off I go to revise my chapter...

And by revise I mean start over.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Welcome to the club. See you in the padded cell.

Ada said...

do they have ding-dongs in here?