Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cliche Stupid

I consider myself an intelligent person.  I did very well at school without really ever trying - I did try now and then when I really cared - say at memorizing the entire Art History book to prepare for the AP test.

I'm generally pretty smart socially too.  I mean, hey - I stick my foot in my mouth often, but I see it usually pretty quick.  I didn't waste my life on damaging relationships.  My most dysfunctional male/female relationship was a friend who didn't like me like I liked him.  But we never ran around as friends with benefits or anything like that.  My most dysfunctional friend relationship - well, I think I handled that one eventually pretty well too.

I have talents.  I can draw, I can paint, I can bake (just because I don't want to bake anything DIFFERENT doesn't mean I can't bake).  I am a decent writer.  I can figure out very basic household problems.


BUT I seem to be uber-slow picking up on the most simple cliched common sense.

Like today I made goals for the morning while Jack was at school.  Not a list.  Goals.  And lo and behold, I got them done.

HmmMMm so THIS is what people mean that its important to set goals.

Stay tuned next week see me have an epiphany about not putting metal in the microwave (which by the way, mom, you never taught me - I learned from a sitcom in college and thought... geez, I'm glad I've never done that)

2 comments:

James said...

See, I see them put stuff in the microwave and think "That looks like fun."

diane said...

You never indicated you wanted to know about metal in the microwave...do you even use a microwave?