Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Sweet Little Abby


There is a children's Christmas Store at Abby's school. Everything is all "allowance priced" and only the kids are allowed to go in there - not with their parents. It's this whole thing about understanding money and choices and giving and empowerment and all that.

I was thinking of this post before Abby went in there - how she made out her list so lovingly, how I'm sure she was so careful to choose just the right things.

She came out with a traumatized teary face. I imagined a scene of how I didn't send her in with enough money, how she had wanted so badly to get loving things but I hadn't equipped her...

Yeah. Don't get me wrong - she's still the sweetest most sensitive loving little girl.

Here's what she left the store with:
a necklace for me (so sweet)
a silly santa hat for steve (very appropriate)
a ball for Jack (yup, so far so good)
...
a headband for herself
and three chocolates ("for me and the family")

And why she was traumatized? She couldn't afford a teddybear for Finn... AND herself.

Snort.

I love her.

1 comment:

Albert said...

O god Adrea!