Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Valentine's #10


Ten Valentine Days ago was my first Valentine's Day with a Valentine... the same Valentine as I have now coincidentally. My mom may dispute that Scott Myers from Kindergarten was my first Valentine... but I think he moved before Valentine's Day; as my most vivid memory from Kindergarten (besides the the day Scott asked me out and I was so shy I couldn't bring myself to go to play with him in the sandbox) is one of the teachers telling me Scott had moved to Australia as I showed her the Valentine I had for him (yeah, I'm a little suspicious of Australia too, but that's what I remember!!).

Anyway, very symbolic and ironic of Steve to make this Valentine's Day all about cards just like the first one.

But the other gift was to encourage me (even if it means spending money) to go forward with my book again. Bleck. I still get such a bad taste in my mouth admitting I am writing something. So odd. I don't feel like I should be embarrassed, I just am.

Anyway, I wanted that on record.

Abby had a very nice Valentine's day - the picture above is of her sorting through her bounty.

Also, for the record... This past weekend marks maybe three weeks since Abby's had a potty accident - significant specifically because she was away with my parents and for quite a while now that was the only time she had an accident. So, figure we started potty training in October... It's now February. Not bad. But there were some moments there that it didn't seem like it was moving forward at all. Christmas break somehow was the trigger for change. So, for the most part it only took two solid months (not counting the trips away). Huh.

1 comment:

Juliana Shain said...

Oh good! I've been meaning to ask you how that's going!