Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Precurser to Teenage Years

I'm sick. Luckily I have a friend here who could take care of Abby while I was too sick to lift my head. Abby begged my friend to let her come up and rest with me. So she did; did the things that a toddler thinks are nice - like patting me on the head and eating goldfish right near my ear while she rests her head on my neck... Eventually after I kept telling her all the things I needed her not to do, she decided to go back downstairs. Once there she told my friend:

"Mommy was bothering me, so I left."

Yup. She's a sweetie.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Who is this mysterious "friend"? You went thru such lengths not to mention this friend's name, I am intrigued... Or is it just that you are proud you made a friend? Hmm.

Ada said...

I was being James Bond COOOOL about it. Maybe my 'friend' WAS James Bond... and maybe he was wearing... perhaps I've said too much...

diane said...

You are lucky Abby is not old enough to bring you dry toast and tepid tea...you would HAVE to eat it you know?

Juliana Shain said...

I predict this child will go into comedy. Everything she does has such comedic flare without any effort on her part.

Ada said...

You have to admit, with a mother like hers, she will not be without material...