Thursday, February 22, 2007

Abby Loves Daddy

It's been rainy today. Abby was wearing a short sleeve shirt so I told her we had to change in order to go visit Daddy at the office. I went looking for her long sleeve pajama top and came back and she had chosen this top:
I obviously thought it was amazingly sweet, but I said, "Oh, that's perfect, do you know what it says?!"

And she nodded and said, "Love, Daddy, I Love Daddy." I just - this is so something I would want to manipulate into happening, but she did it herself - I am not totally sure where this shirt was!

I took her to visit Steve and I told her to tell him what the shirt says and it was such a great moment to hold onto. She was very sincere and shy, but she told him, "It says I love you, Daddy."

Beyond the sweetness factor - I am amazed at her memory. I don't think shes reading
quite yet ;)... I'm sure I've told her what that shirt says but recently? Not at all. I mean, I can't remember the last time she wore that shirt.


p.s. Mom, how familiar is this expression on the left??

6 comments:

Juliana Shain said...

Aww....that brought a little tear to the eye. Not even the fact that she remembered what the shirt said or that she picked it out herself. But the description of it being "very sincere and shy" as she said, "It says I love you, Daddy." It paints such a vivid picture of a child's sweet, pure, vulnerable love. So nice.

Anonymous said...

Oh. Very! mom

Dave said...

Wesley melts my heart too when, unprovoked, he'll run upstairs to his room and return wearing his "I Love Uncle Steve" t-shirt... Precious.

Ada said...

it wasn't presumptuous of us to get those made in every size until he's sixteen, was it?

Dave said...

No, not really, but the "Daddy sucks" shirts you gave him may have gone a bit far.

Ada said...

Well, geez! If you didn't like that run, you'll hate this next one. I'll make a call to the presses in the morning.