Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Obediance...



Abby must have been very tired today even though she slept in. Usually, if she sleeps in I won't have her nap, but by noon she was already crying over every little thing (she wanted all the "piddles" aka "Skittles" for using the potty not just two). So I gave her some warnings and finally took her up to bed in full tantrum.

As I wasn't totally convinced she needed a nap, I told her that unless she calmed down and stopped fighting me, I'd have no choice and she'd have to take her nap. It took a few minutes of me leaving the room but she called me in, (hiccuping, tears down her face, struggling for air), "Mommy, I want you to carry me downstairs..."

I look at her about to repeat that she needed to calm down and she pointed to her own face, "See? *hiccup* I'm not *heaving breath* crying anymore *stifled sob*"

Now really, who can resist that?

She did eventually need a nap, (school plus park afterwards with some of the kids tires a gal out) but by that time, I think she agreed and hadn't been difficult and went up to bed and fell asleep.

No comments: