Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Gloatbooking

Hi there... just thought I'd mention I am literally up to date on scrapbooking. EXCEPT for Hawaii which is waiting for more pages and I suppose I have not actually printed out this last weekend trip to Coronado's pictures. In fact, some I haven't even gotten off the camera.

Anyway as I sorted and double sorted and triple sorted my huge stack of pictures from Hawaii - half of which are easily taken up by Abby running and dancing in the waves, the most significant picture... is the one I took of the positive pregnancy test.

It's interesting. On the one hand, Hawaii stands apart from this little unexpected baby. When I think about Hawaii I think most of Abby enjoying the water, Jack's fearless pursuit of the tide, the family - the whole extended family - working basically in harmony with little family spats among us that didn't seem to run too deep... and burgers - craving and eating a lot of hamburgers.

Which of course, since I haven't eaten a hamburger willingly (exept for Tim's worcestershire burgers which actually have flavor other than ground up dead cow) for many years, brings me to the other hand ... i.e. on the other hand, I think of Hawaii and all I feel is the uncertainty that came and went the first half of the trip, wondering now and then why the thing that was supposed to happen wasn't (I'm being delicate for my male readers). And then the shock... the worry for Jack... for myself... for my mom (at least I KNEW she wouldn't pack up and move she HATES packing up and moving)... And also the excitment - the "I can't believe we really had a whoops" (Most of us womenfolk are a big funny about this - on the one hand never intentionally sabotaging the process, and not really truly thinking that whatever precaution we're taking might fail... but then you do hear of those random cases... so it's pretty silly how often we wonder... "could I be?" even when there is really no reason to suppose... ) ANYWAY... a lot of Hawaii is a blur of awe and worry and determination "we'll make it work, we sorta kinda wanted this... and God gave it to us so dang it's going to be awesome".

But it's so funny it just feels like ages and ages and ages ago. And now I have ages and ages and ages until I meet our little guy. How about for a pretend name we call him Chance - it's not a name I would ever use, but no worse than Leaping Lizard... or Chancy - at least that's a bit more male sounding....

1 comment:

diane said...

I guess calling him "whoops" would damage his little psyche? How about "gift"?