Saturday, December 31, 2011

Wait No, One more

A glance back:

My first pictures posted here:

http://burntfudge.blogspot.com/2006/07/on-my-own.html

I started this blog after Dave Cunningham (my kids will know him as Wesley & Julia's Dad) started his blog... or at least after I FOUND his blog. It was before I was involved in facebook or Myspace I think. It was before my mom had moved close. It was a way to document daily life for the very SMALL community of friends I had at the time.

No one cared for it at the beginning EXCEPT my mom, but slowly the rest of my family realized I was here.

I do think Facebook has taken care of most of the reasons I was originally blogging for. But, as I said before, Facebook has too broad and easy an audience (no, I'm not calling all my Facebook friends "easy"). Of course blogs are public too, perhaps more dangerously so since you don't see most of the responses. People rarely have much to say about a blog post in my world. At least at Facebook they can press "like" without committing to starting a weird sort of dialogue they didn't really want to be part of. So it's deceptive to think this is any less public than Facebook - but come on, people will seek this place out a whole lot less than they will stumble on my Facebook page.

So I can whine more. Ramble more. Share more. Supposedly.

Anyway, I'm so grateful for this five years of history here at burnt fudge. I guess that's why I want to start anew... because despite the fact that I talked too much, seemed too depressed, posted too many pictures, sounded lame plenty... I think it's an accurate enough history. And reading between the lines I think it's more me than I think it is.

And I hope to say the same for the next round. And I hope my kids will care to know their family history now and then, especially in their lonely times. Because no matter what happens these kids are mine and I want them to know how much I loved and agonized over them because you have to admit, no one could be talked about as much as they have been and not be loved beyond reason.

2 comments:

diane said...

I care, I do.

Dave said...

I always suspected this blog was all about me.