Friday, August 11, 2006

Never underestimate a Bartender

Samantha's birthday - we go to Hollywood with Hazel (the ultimate in party fun). I have a cosmo. It affects me because I am a lightweight - but no big deal. It's one drink.

Then we do the whole 'I don't like alcohol - what drink would you think I might like... or at least not hate?" The bartender had been nice so it was all good - funny request - not going to work - but something to do until we go to the next bar.

He asks "Do you mind getting wasted?" And I was just like, "Uh, well I'm not driving." And in my head I'm like Dude, wasted? Off one more drink? Maybe he thinks I'll like it so much I'll want more? Maybe he means he'll try a bunch of drinks?

So he makes the drink which tastes a little like pineapple and a little like peanuts. I don't particularly like it, but I don't hate it. I have about half of it. And decide that's enough because I'm definitely passed buzzed now. So I don't even finish HALF of it.

But within a few minutes my eyes were crossing and when we stood to leave a few minutes later I was *not* steady.

Yes I know I'm a lightweight... But it's not like two drinks usually brings me down. It didn't take *too* long for me to get feeling back in my legs. So I'm wondering... What the hell was in that second drink? I mean - there's no secret alcohol that has more alcohol content then the famous high alcohol shots I've had now and then. Just wacky.

I had a great time. I felt bad for Hazel who had to work in the morning. I still don't understand why anyone would do this sort of romp often though - which is a problem because that character in that book that I'm not sure is ever going to happen is supposed to LOVE this. Hmm. Write what you know... or.... not.




I'm just glad I didn't finish that second drink.

2 comments:

Dave said...

From the semi-frequent number of times I've seen you over the years, you seem to know this life quite well. No, wait - I was thinking passed out drunk... nevermind.

Ada said...

I don't think it counts when its at your grandma-in-law's condo and your ex-roommates husband is just adding OJ to vodka.