Monday, April 05, 2010

It's Not As If

See it used to happen with Abby as well (I'm still on the Jack/too many people or strange places topic if you hadn't guessed). I'm not even sure how different this is. Abby used to drag her people into a more isolated space so she could have focused time. She used to melt down and we'd have to get going stacking things on our arms as we left in a flurry like some sort of cartoon. I just think she was more apt to explore and destroy by accident and Jack seems more likely to explore (and within his process is destruction). Was I just better at isolating? I know I went to the office a lot, that was a fantastic outlet because it could be for an hour or two minutes - if I left with her kicking and screaming over my shoulder, no one minded much as it was a frequent enough occurrence.

Jack did a pretty good job at Easter (but then again, Zoozy made everything super kid friendly where all those crowded people were). And, this is also what I remember from Abby - as soon as I recognized, OH! here's an issue, a pattern, let's fix it - the child has just decided to end that phase on their own.

Words are helping quite a bit. Mommy's hormones settling down to normal is helping.

We were at Aaron & Megan's today and the same thing happened - he wanted to be in the 'car' to go home even though he was having a great time. And the thing that drives me BONKERS is that he desperately wants to LEAVE home in the morning and afternoon.

WHY WHY WHY must my children tempt my insanity?!

1 comment:

Jen Gray said...

Hee Hee. The insanity party just comes with the territory, I think. Now I totally get how my mom used to flip out when we'd complain that we wanted to GO SOMEWHERE and then refuse any of the offers to meet that need, or EAT SOMETHING and refuse all offered foodstuffs. See? Insanity making.

And, for what it is worth, Anna does the same thing about wanting to get out of the house and then wanting to go back home though lately she's just never wanted to leave anywhere we are, doesn't matter where, be it the grocery store or a friend's house or....whatever. Sad tears and cries of "I didn't want to Leave That Place!!!!"