Monday, April 19, 2010

"Save"

I'd like to save a little moment forever please.

So I think Jack is fighting a cold because he took a four hour nap today. I went up to check on him (because that's what I do) and saw that he was already awake, staring up at the top bunk. I come to the side of the bed and smile and offer to pick him up. He sits up and stares at me, then reaches forward (sort of sleep heavy) and touches my nose. I laugh and offer to pick him up again. He does the nose thing again. So I climb in next to him and he wants to cuddle, but just for a second.

Then I ask if he wants to go downstairs and he does that little pure voiced, "Yeaaah!"

Again, I guess written out it seems not nearly as sweet as it was. But it just was. I love sleep-heavy moments.

3 comments:

diane said...

Sigh...love is good.

Jen Gray said...

Love those sleep heavy moments, too. Tonight I got home late (Anna fell asleep in the car) and there was something so sweet (only a mother will understand this) about the way she leaned in to me, half asleep, as I held her body on the toilet. She peed, sighed, then wrapped her arms around my neck and snuggled in. I don't know...it was just so sweet.

James Lamb / tvjames said...

No, you wrote it well. I could completely picture it and why you want to save it.