Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sexist

Ooo flashy title so you just had to read, huh?

I was just going to write about how much better I feel even though nothing has changed and blame it on female mood swings - specifically ME mood swings (I'm a Cancer - we are notoriously moody) and then I thought, I wonder if that is unfair.

I certainly feel like Steve goes through rough patches that don't necessarily directly correlate with a crisis and then sometimes it just gets better as his attitude shifts or whatever.

Male moods. A topic I find interesting.

Anyway, point is - I feel better.

I didn't get to have my meet with the parent - I'll try again Thursday.

I revised my outline and feel like I have an even better idea of what I'm doing, but it's still not straight forward all the way through. Need to actually WRITE now.

Hmm.

No, I mean right now - I need to write a new scene... With my J character or my father character.

As I say it I'm losing the drive to do it, the conviction, its not as satisfying to do one of their scenes...

I must...

Stay on Target....

I'm tempted to re-read another chapter but if I do I'll get bogged down in the details and get nothing done

Stay on Target....

Can't be the love interest chapters because those are too fun and I've practically written all of them....

Stay on Target....

Ooo except that one - and that includes the father so it almost counts...

You're too close!

Oh come on, writing anything is good at this point

Stay on Target

AhHWhhehehHhrgh *explosion*

2 comments:

Dave said...

For whatever it is worth, when I write something I want to be good, I try to grind through it without looking back, knowing full well much of it is crap, and when I am done, I survey the mess and begin cutting, pasting and re-writing. Because if I pause and look back, I know I will get so bogged down I won't ever make progress. It's what works for me, anyway.

Ada said...

I agree... sometimes I've looked back at chapters that I never intended to keep and realized they actually flowed better than chapters I'd struggled over.