Friday, October 27, 2006

Damn those Chickens...

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Finally got a look at the actual published book and it's thoroughly disappointing. It wouldn't be so bad if we'd been able to charge like ten dollars a book. I wouldn't mind asking friends and family to rally behind that. But it's not worth 18 and I'm not totally sure what is so particularly disappointing about it.

The binding is probably the big issue for me. It's soft, which I understood - but it's not cool textured soft like I'd hoped for (it's hard to pin down what it really looks like on the site) - it's much more like 'Kipper's Lost Ball' soft... like "I'm worth three bucks" soft.

The pages aren't glossy inside which bothers my mom quite a bit... I agree it would look better probably glossy but I'm not totally sold on that. There is a bit of texture to having rough paper... old school ness... hard to explain. But she's right the glossy would have set the watercolor off.

So... thoroughly...



deflated.

No comments: