Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Abby means Brave & Faithful

Sweet Abby got her first douse of some sort of food poisoning last night.

She started feeling "weird" and slightly panicking that she might have to throw up. I honestly wasn't sure if it was going in that direction or if she just needed to burp or something.

Sure enough a few hours of squirming and feeling weird and laments such as:
Why does such a thing as throw up even have to be alive?!
Why does sick even have to exist?!

and she let loose with two huge throw ups... then one for the road - each with perfect aim and ease into the toilet basin. Expecting a sad sad Abby I rush in with a wet towel. Instead she is beaming even as I help her wipe her face (we'd put her hair up just in case a few hours prior). I want her to sit in case there is another bout of throwing up but she insists that she's done and she's so thrilled that it finally happened after dreading it and knowing it was coming.

As I finally agree she must indeed be done and help her back to bed she is all smiles, "Mommy, I think I finally threw up because I prayed to God that I would quickly and I did!"

I am suitably impressed, "Well then, we should thank God!" (I do a little prayer) and then ask her if she wants to add anything, "No, I already did thank Him, so that's TWICE!"

Such a brave wonderful soul.

No comments: