Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Two Worlds

I assume those of you who spaced your children out in the standard sort of way face living in different school age worlds all the time.

I am currently, technically speaking, juggling three. Abby's full on PTA sort of world of being a elementary aged student's parent. Jack's co-op parent pre-school world in which I am well aware (and quite appreciative) that I am like a trainee. And Finn's world which is basically my world with tickling added.

Next year Jack & Finn's world collide and mash into one. I am probably going to be on the board for their school. And where I guess I am wondering, and Abby as well, does that leave my participation for ABBY'S world? I've done some photography for them - I go to the standard things. But I can't even imagine getting more involved there. Working at her school means either getting babysitting for Finn or doing it on one of Finn's few days at pre school...

It's not easy being the oldest I'm seeing more and more.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Oh, AMEN, brother!